The Bowen technique (Bowtech) is a successful technique that was named after its developer, Tom Bowen (1916-1982) which started to become famous in Australia in the 50’s. It’s a holistic non-invasive and effective hands-on technique that aims to promote healing, pain-relief and body/energy rebalancing.
Since 2001 our little furry friends can also benefit from the amazing properties of this technique as there are practitioners that are also certified as Animal Bowen technique therapists. As in humans, the technique consists of very gentle but precise rolling moves in very specific parts of the body(muscles, tendons and fascia) that help it perform a ‘self-scanning procedure’, through the central nervous system, trying to correct the body’s imbalances, either organic, myoskeletal or even psychosomatic.
In addition to the relaxing benefits it can offer the animal from the very first session, the technique can also help with many ailments as it can effectively relieve acute and chronic pain, improve posture and joint mobility and speed the healing process from injuries and accidents. It also reduces physical and emotional stress and improves the overall health and vitality of the animal.
Some of the cases in which the technique can help are the following:
- Pre and post-operative (reduces the side effects of sedation and assists
- general recovery helping drug toxins elimination after surgery ).
- Acute / chronic spine problems
- Repetitive luxations/dislocations
- Chronic and degenerative diseases
- Digestive problems
- Respiratory problems
- Allergy conditions
- Weak vitality
- Weak immune system
- Fear- based anxiety
- Lameness and other gait problems
- Hip& elbow dysplasia
- Working or competition dogs
- Aggression and other behavioral problems
- Stress& anxiety disorders
- Cystitis& urinary disorders
- Recurrent ear problems